Russia begins air strikes in Syria after warning America to remove its planes!

ISIS Error...Don't Threaten Putin.

Error of ISIS … Threats to Putin, never go over well.

Russia begins air strikes in Syria after warning America to remove its planes… but kills 36 civilians in first wave of attacks as it targets anti-government rebels instead of ISIS…

Moscow has started blitzing three provinces in support of President Assad

But all the areas targeted are held by moderate rebels backed by coalition

Strikes have infuriated Washington who accused Moscow of destabilising the region even further – U.S. apparently only given hour notice of strikes

At least 36 civilians have been killed in the strikes, says monitoring group

Russian jets have begun airstrikes in Syria after apparently only giving the U.S. an hour to remove its planes and officials from the area.

The Russian Defence Ministry said it carried out about 20 flights over the country today but concerns were raised that they were only targeting anti-government rebels, many of whom are backed by the U.S.-led coalition, instead of ISIS-held areas.

Syrian opposition chief Khaled Khoja said 36 civilians had been killed in the airstrikes, which also apparently targeted a CIA-vetted Syrian rebel group that was receiving U.S. missiles.

Russia has now been accused of ‘pouring gasoline on the fire’ as the intervention in the Middle East appeared to target moderate rebel positions in support of dictator President Bashar al-Assad.

Airstrikes: Russian jets have begun raids in Syria after apparently only giving the U.S. an hour to remove its planes and officials from the area. Pictured: Footage shows rockets hitting the Homs province of Syria today

Explosion: The Russian Defence Ministry said it carried out 20 flights over Syria today but concerns were raised that they were targeting anti-government rebels, many of whom are backed by the U.S.-led coalition

FRANCE PROBES ASSAD FOR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY

France is investigating Bashar al-Assad over alleged crimes against humanity, the Paris prosecutor’s office said on Wednesday.

The investigation, which is also examining claims of torture and kidnapping by Assad’s forces, was opened ‘on the basis of indications received from the foreign ministry’ on September 10, an official at the prosecutor’s office said.

An estimated 250,000 people have been killed in Syria’s four-year civil war between Assad’s troops, rebel groups and Islamic State militants, and a further 11 million displaced.

The ministry’s dossier drew on some 55,000 photographic images smuggled out of the country by a former Syrian army officer, showing 11,000 alleged victims of forces loyal to Assad, according to various media reports. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s